Monday, October 6, 2014

Judy Ahlborn - 24 of 25


This is a piece I did for Heather's 12 month design class.  Our assignment was to make a piece inspired by an artist we wanted to study.  I chose Alphonse Mucha, a Czech Art Nuveau artist who produced many paintings, illustrations, and advertisements.  He often did women with long flowing hair and gowns surrounded by decorative lines and flowers.  I designed this piece of my daughter in Photoshop Elements giving her the hair from one of his paintings.  The design inside the circle came from a kaleidoscope I designed, and the flowers and lines around the circle came from a Dover art book.  The entire piece was printed to one 8.5" x 11" fabric sheet and stitched.  This piece was selected to be in the SAQA Small Visions Big Voice exhibit at Tactile Arts Center in Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment