Sunday, February 23, 2014

Week #4 by Heather Thomas


Good Evening,
Here is my piece for the past week, week #4.  I finished it a few days ago but have been struggling to find the time to get my post up.  I features hand writing on rusted, old metal using a beautiful light blue and silver metal leaf along with a leafing pen for the adhesive.  I quilted the background very closely with straightish lines then quilted words in the silk blue/gray fabric then added the metal pieces with glue then hand stitched them to add more visual interest.  The metal says simply, "Art is the answer, the quilting to the right of the metal says"..... is all she heard when she asked the question, Why am I here?" Like my other pieces, this one is gallery mounted and is 8" square.


No comments:

Post a Comment