Friday, April 25, 2014

Week #11 Project & Prompt from Heather Thomas


For this weeks piece, I chose a selection of embellishments that I wanted to use and created the quilted piece to show off the embellishments.  And, that is the prompt for the coming week if you choose to follow me; select some embellishments then create with the embellishments in mind.

I had these incredible, vintage glass and metal flowers that were on metal wire and a selection of our Lucite flowers and leaves.  I chose some coordinating fabrics to go along with the flowers and decided on crisp white for the background behind the flowers.  I used a selection of quilting designs that I thought would bring out the most in the flowers but not overwhelm them. Though the piece is somewhat traditional looking, I really like it's crisp, summery feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment