Sunday, March 2, 2014

Week 5 "Abstract Kite" by Denise


As a traditional quilter, when I thought of 3 dimensions, I thought of prairie points.  The points are made from hand dyed fabric in a progression from yellow to blue. The background was also hand dyed by me. The batting, ribbon and beads are from Heather's store.  I didn't intend for it to be a kite but as I was working on the swirl, it started to look like a kite on a blue sky so I embraced the idea. The background is quilted with silk thread in very dense straight lines.  I like the color combination on this quilt.  Denise Pitonyak

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, calm piece with a lovely sense of movement. Great to see the dyed painted batting used in a "traditional" piece. I don't know Denise, it looks kind of artsy to me!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete