Monday, March 3, 2014

Week # 6 Prompt; Weaving, by Heather Thomas

Good Afternoon,
I'm sorry that this is a day late.  I am feeling rather overwhelmed right now! Here is this weeks new prompt and my new piece.  The prompt is to weave.  On my piece above I wove two hand dyed rayon ribbons, one variegated gray to black and the other multicolored yellow through red orange.  After weaving them I straight stitched along the edges of the black ribbon, stippled the white base fabric and added silk cocoons and rods with seed beads for interest.
So, if you so desire, add some weaving to this week's piece.  You can weave fabric or ribbon like I did. You can weave metal, yarn, rubber, you name it.  The cool result of weaving is a lovely interplay of color and texture.  You all did such a great job with dimension last week I can't wait to see what you come up with this week!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment