Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Week 6 Debbie Helser

I'm getting caught up today. Here is the bit of weaving. It was inspired by the plastic bag that is caught in the tree outside my office window. Inspiration can come from strange places. It is 8 X 10. I cut strips from the blue plastic bags my local newspaper comes in each week and attached them to a couple of fallen tree branches. The orange fabric came from a package of Heather's hand dyed fabrics that I cut into strips then stitched them together. I wove it all together and zigzagged around the top and bottom. On Heather's suggestion, I took the iron to it. I wrapped a bit of silver thread around the y-shaped tree branch and added the clunky clear acrylic beads. I like the juxtaposition of the natural and man-made materials, like the plastic bag in the tree (which I don't like). 

No comments:

Post a Comment