Saturday, February 1, 2014

Jo Noble's Bonsai Tree


I am terrified of doing trees in quilts. I look at the beautiful work of others and don't know how they get those gorgeous branches to look so good. My expertise stopped at learning the Christmas tree with one line in the middle and small-to-large zig-zags from top to bottom. So I'm a gonna work on trees! This is an image from google images that I played with in Illustrator. I ghosted the tree for a different effect. The one on the top is the front and the bottom, the back.

Scribble quilting was great! It made me really comfortable with my machine and going like crazy!
I also like this challenge because it's the doing, not the outcome that is important for me. Time to explore!

My piece is 8 x 11. I like the narrower format which allows me greater flexibility for creating. in thirds or halves.

Welcome to you all. I look forward to chatting and getting to know you!

Thanks Heather!
FYI, ipad is rather useless to post!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous. Glad you got over your fear of trees... I too had problems to post and finally was successful with a third browser. I can't wait to see your next piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with your trees. Your choice of background stitching really works well. karen bennett

    ReplyDelete