Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week #2 ~ Metal...... by Heather Thomas

Hi All,
Here is my piece for week #2.  It is 8" x 8" and wrapped on stretcher bars. I taught a class in metal working last week and tooled the black piece, embossed the word "create" and twisted up the long bits while teaching. For the piece, I heavily quilted the background which was made from two pieces of my hand painted fabrics. Then I wrapped the quilt around the stretchers bars.  Next, I wrapped the tooled metal piece around two opposite sides and stapled it on.  Then I hand stitched on the embossed word and wrapped and stitched on the two twisted strips.  I finished the piece by covering the back with black tag board and hammering on a hanger.
I like the piece well enough, but for being just neutrals, it's rather busy with so many lines and almost nowhere for the eye to rest.
Till next week,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. I find it I te resting th way the eye is drawn around the piece. While busy, it dances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a mess auto correct made! I did not say the above.
    I find it interesting the way the eye is drawn around the piece. While busy, it dances.

    ReplyDelete