Sunday, February 23, 2014

Week #5 by I.V. Anderson

This is a "good memory" piece. Sunday was UFO Day at the gallery with Ellen Nepustill. We put the door bell on and all went downstairs to work. Good time with good friends= good memories!

It is hard to tell now, but the black is hand dyed cheese cloth layered and shredded which I hand stitched in place, even most of the ravelly threads. A sprinkling of matte beads with just a hint of color were stitched on so that their holes would show took much longer than I intended but wanted that look. The  accent is an industrial item that I thought would add a nice contrast.

1 comment:

  1. I love your piece I.V.! Love the scraggly diagonal, the funky beads....and that metal piece.....out of an old adding machine???? Very creative! John.

    ReplyDelete